Ken Larsen's web site - Dental Cleaning
During January-March 2015 I underwent chemotherapy and 30 oral radiation treatments to treat a tumor on my tonsil. The radiation adversely affected my saliva glands ... which are a key component of dental hygiene. To cope, I must be meticulous in my dental cleaning. Here are the regimens that I will use:
Have teeth cleaned professionally by a dental hygienist 4 times/year instead of the usual two.
|20 minutes prior to a meal (in an attempt to minimize coughing)||Swish with Biotene gel.|
|After each meal/snack||
1. Wait 30
2. Brush with regular toothpaste.
|Prior to bed||
1. Brush with
Colgate cavity preventing toothpaste using Sonicare.
2. Do 20 minutes of coconut oil pulling (item 3 in this table).
4. Waterpik with brush tool, hot water, and a little baking soda (2 teaspoons) and salt (1 teaspoon).
5. Brush teeth with Colgate Prevident 5000 ppm Booster Plus prescription toothpaste.
6. Let toothpaste sit on teeth for a few minutes.
7. Rinse with ACT Anticavity Fluoride Mouthwash.
|Coconut oil pulling [video]||
1. Lightly swish
with 2 teaspoons of coconut oil for 10 to 20
2. Spit out the remainder.
3. Rinse with water
4. Brush teeth
(May 26, 2018) I bought an oral camera to help me assess the health of my teeth and gums. [details]